Advanced Lyme Disease & Chronic Illness: The Mechanisms and Biomarkers in Clinical Practice
PCA Member: $199
Presented by Shannon D. Smith, DC, CCN, CCSMS, MAPS
This 12 CE seminar will approach all facets of Lyme disease from acute vs chronic patient presentations, co-infections, how to properly evaluate, test, and make significant impact in your patients health and recovery from this devastating disease.
Topics to be covered:
- Why present blood tests are confusing, and often show false negatives in Lyme diagnosis
- Immune recovery and re-regulation, through a functional medicine evaluation and supplementation approach
- How to implement nutritional protocols with chiropractic philosophy in chronic disease with research backed nutritional protocols that you can implement on Monday
- PTLDS, post treatment Lyme disease syndrome, and how to help the chronic Lyme patient move to a path of health and recovery when antibiotics failed
- Learn why, in many cases, antibiotics alone don't resolve the entire Lyme problem
"The health of the host is more important than the strength of the bug - but you still need to kill the lyme!"
Dr. Shannon Smith is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic and is board certified in Clinical Nutrition. He has 23+ years of experience helping patients regain their health through conservative and holistic approaches utilizing Functional Medicine, Chiropractic, diet modifications and nutritional support. He has attended over 660 postgraduate hours of nutritional training, and is trained to not just treat symptoms but to find and fix the cause of the problem. He is also one of only a few Doctors of Chiropractic to be invited to MED MAPS certification (Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs) specializing in Autism Spectrum support and evaluation.
12 CE Approved in PA, MD, DE & OH, pending NJ
Saturday, May 18: 9:00a - 4:00p (6 CE, hour lunch break on own)
Sunday, May 19: 8:00a - 2:00p (6 CE)