|Through 8/25||After 8/25|
Early Bird discount will be automatically applied at checkout.
Presented by: Nelson Marquina, MSc, PhD, DC
This one day, 8 CE program provides the scientific, safety, regulatory, and hands-on training to ensure high proficiency of the participant in the integration of physiotherapeutic devices. This advanced training course focuses on the integration of laser therapy with TENS/microcurrent, ultrasound, radio frequency, and/or pulsed electromagnetic field therapy protocols as used in physical medicine. The integrated approach to physiotherapy devices provides the participants the proper research and treatment protocols for high clinical effectiveness and safety to patients.
The program provides the foundation knowledge and hands-on experience as applied to pain relief and tissue healing that are typically encountered in a chiropractic clinic. Participants learn the proper procedures following good clinical practices and meeting all Federal and State regulatory directives.
About the presenter:
Dr. Nelson Marquina is known for his enjoyable and effective teaching style and down-to-earth, hands-on approach to lasers. His education is quite impressive:
- Bachelor of Science in mathematics from Hamilton College
- Master of Science in statistics from Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Doctoral degree in systems engineering from the University of Houston
- Doctoral degree in chiropractic medicine from Logan University.
- Licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine to practice chiropractic and meridian therapy.
His resume is equally as impressive:
- Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Laser Biotech International.
- Former President and co-founder of USA Laser Biotech.
- Formerly a consultant to the National Foundation for Alternative Medicine
- Director of Research at Logan University
- Technology Development Manager at Coopers & Lybrand, Mars Inc.,GE, Honeywell, and Senior Scientist at NASA/JSC.
- Taught Biophysics at Virginia State University, Electrical Engineering at the University of Minnesota, Electrical Engineering at University of Rhode Island and Systems Engineering at University of Houston.
- Invited speaker to professional conferences in North America, South America and Asia
Dr. Marquina is has also authored scientific articles: “Energy Medicine: Focus on Lasers,” a chapter in The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine, 2nd Edition (2009) and in the 3rd edition, The Scientific Basis of Integrative Health (2017), and a chapter in Pain Relief and Healing with Lasers: Dental Protocols of Laser Treatments (2015).