Spinemobility's Boot Camp Program for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis - PHILA/KING OF PRUSSIA
|Through 2/24||After 2/24|
Early Bird discount will be automatically applied at checkout.
Presented by: Carlo Ammendolia, D.C., Ph.D.
Why should you learn the Boot Camp Program for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis (LSS)?
- LSS is a leading cause of pain, disability and loss of independence in people over the age of 65
- With the aging population and because people are living longer we are experiencing a soaring rise in the number of people suffering from LSS
- 3 million Canadians and over 20 million Americans will suffer from LSS in the next 15 years
- The dominant features in LSS is pain and limited walking ability (look around and see the number of people walking with canes, walkers, scooters and wheelchairs)
- It is an evidence-based program that was recently tested in a randomized controlled clinical trial that demonstrated large and sustainable benefits in walking ability, overall function and pain. Another study of the Boot Camp program evaluated 50 consecutive patients (award winning publication in JMPT January 2015) with very impressive outcomes; and a recent follow-up study showed that the positive outcomes were maintained for at least 3.5 years.
- Chiropractors are well positioned by their training and skills to make a significant impact in improving walking ability and quality of life in people with LSS. They should and can be the experts in non-operative treatment of LSS.
About the presenter:
Dr. Carlo Ammendolia is the Director of the Spine Clinic and the Spinal Stenosis Program at the Rebecca MacDonald Centre for Arthritis and Autoimmune Diseases at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto, Canada. He is also an Assistant Professor in the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, the Department of Surgery and the Institute of Medical Sciences at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Ammendolia has been in clinical practice for over 36 years and now combines clinical practice, research and teaching in the areas of non-operative treatment of mechanical, degenerative and inflammatory spinal disorders. He is the founder of spinemobility, a not-for-profit Research and Resource Centre aimed at developing and testing programs for spinal and other musculoskeletal conditions. Dr. Ammendolia developed the Boot Camp Programs for lumbar spinal stenosis, persistent low back pain, persistent neck pain, ankylosing spondylitis, sciatica, persistent shoulder pain, knee and hip OA and fibromyalgia. He conducts workshops worldwide on his boot camp programs.
In 2012 and 2017, Dr. Ammendolia was recipient of the Professorship in Spine Award from the Department of Surgery in the Faculty of Medicine. In 2015, he was awarded the Chiropractor of the Year Award from the Ontario Chiropractic Association and in 2016 the Researcher of the Year Award from the Canadian Chiropractic Association. He has published over 39 peer-review articles and has authored several academic book chapters on back and neck pain.
TESTIMONIALS FROM ATTENDEES OF DR. AMMENDOLIA'S COURSE:
“Best course that I’ve taken in many years!”
“Carlo provided a very clinically relevant seminar that I can easily implement on Monday morning.”
“I have a renewed sense of confidence in managing patients with lumbar spinal stenosis.”
COURSE SPONSORED BY: